Mobile Menu

Volunteers

Student Volunteers help ASL meetings run as smoothly as possible. Volunteering is a great way to serve the association and the profession, and to connect with the Association for Symbolic Logic. If you are selected as a volunteer, you will be participating in one of the largest international meetings on logic, and networking with some of the top researchers in the field of set theory, logic, or philosophy.
We encourage students who demonstrate leadership, service, and a passion for mathematics to apply! Click on the link to sign up to become a Student Volunteer.

Who can volunteer?

Any graduate or undergraduate student can volunteer. You do not have to be an ASL member to be a volunteer.

What is required to volunteer?

In order to receive free meeting registration, you must work at least two shifts during the meeting. Shifts are usually two hours each. The conference schedule is available here. You will be given instructions and training for your volunteer assignment(s) prior to the conference.

What are the duties of volunteers at an ASL meeting?

Volunteers assist conference staff with a variety of meeting tasks, including registering attendees, managing registration lines, checking badges, running book exhibits, and answering attendee questions. You will be trained for your assignment(s) by the beginning of your shifts. If you are unable to make your scheduled shifts, you must alert us as soon as possible. Please send an email to Elizabeth Green at elizabethgreen@boisestate.edu.

What should I wear when I volunteer?

The conference doesn’t have dress-code requirements. You will be provided with a name tag identifying you as a volunteer at the beginning of your first shift.  For any additional information regarding the conference attire you will be notified by email.

When should I expect to receive my volunteer schedule?

You will receive your schedule via email at least four days prior to the meeting start date. Shifts are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis: though we will try to honor your preferences we cannot guarantee you specific shifts when you sign up.

Where should I check in prior to my volunteer shifts?

All volunteers should report to the ASL registration desk. Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your shift.